question

john2019 avatar image
john2019 asked

CCGX with other brand BMS

Hi, All

I have 2 LFP batteries connected to victron easy solar all in one. The battery has its own BMS but not in victron LFP lists. Battery BMS only has 485/232 port and does not have Can port. Just wonder how can CCGX communicate with BMS and using BMS parameter to control battery charging and discharge, genset remote start.......... Many thanks

BMSCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

If you tell us what brand the batteries are from, maybe someone can help you.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john2019 avatar image john2019 commented ยท

Thanks. The battery is from EVE China and has not been tested with victron device, Just wonder how it can talk with CCGX through modification or sth..... I do not think someone used that battery before. So just image a nobody BMS has 485/232 port and would like to CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mihair avatar image mihair john2019 commented ยท

If you know what parameters are published on serial port maybe an arduino with CAN HAT can translate what is needed to CCGX in order to integrate.

0 Likes 0 ยท
john2019 avatar image john2019 mihair commented ยท

Hi, MihaiR I am not quite familiar with arduino device. Do you know what chips should I buy and what parameters should I know on the serial port? Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ john2019 commented ยท

I think for this you should have a look at the modification area.

https://community.victronenergy.com/spaces/31/index.html

0 Likes 0 ยท