question

JohnC avatar image
JohnC asked

Easysolar 48/5000 Multi firmware update

Early adopter. will be 2yo in Feb, and has performed faultlessly. But it doesn't add to SoC on the mppt input (only the genny), and I saw somewhere that an update to 4xx? would be needed.

I'm aware of the issues, but confused. And yes, been through the videos etc., but those are for standalone Multi, and maybe this is different?

Does this device have Mk2 onboard? The screenshot suggests so, but that seems to fly in the face of the other instructions. I'm way outbush, and don't fear this, just need a few clues.

What firmware do I need (basic setup, no grid, no addons)? More hardware? Via CCGX ethernet link?

Please set me straight..

EasySolar All-in-Onefirmware update
1546171586557.png (63.8 KiB)
1546169743440.png (63.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi John,

Thank you for helping others around the community.

The Multi in the EasySolar is the same as normal.

These instructions for Updating VE.Bus firmware all still apply.

You will require a MK3-USB adapter and physical access to the unit. There is no option for remote Multiplus firmware updates.

This process will become much easier in 2019 - Especially around finding the correct firmware file, and software options other than a windows computer.

If you have doubts, get stuck or can think of any improvements to clarity for this guide or process I would be happy to hear them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Guy, thanks for the prompt answer. I sorta thought as much, but had to check. Mission critical stuff, hey.. .my home hasn't been without power since Feb 2017.

And oh, tis my pleasure to help (if I have). Maybe my simple contributions can help ease the load on you higher-flyers.

Anyhows, Happy New Year to all. 'Stay Charged' in 2019.

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic