question

stavarda avatar image
stavarda asked

Help info Victron Energy Lynx Ion BMS 1000A

Hello looking at building a 24v system with 8x 200a Smarts ,,Quattro 24/5000. Been looking and getting info on the Lynx Distrubition unit and Lynx shunt as modular units wanted to seek info form anyone who has the Victron Energy ion BMS 1000A- LYN050210000 what if you know are the difference as the modular sytem if half the price of this unit, what would i be getting for the extra money .?

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Staverda,

Those Lynx BMS options are for CANbus connected batteries that were also sold by Victron.

for the Smart LFP series, you need the VE.Bus bms.

In comination with the Lynx DC distribution system you have an easy to install combination.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stavarda avatar image stavarda commented ·

Hi @ Daniel Boekel, thanks for the reply.

Just for my clarity: these are the batteries BAT512120610 LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/200Ah Smart are the 22KG models. 8 units set up to give a 24v system.with the Quattro 24/5000 230. I have the CanGX colour controller and hte 712 reading more about your systems i want to be able to use the best bits of kit available

From what you are saying is i cant use the Lynx Distribution and Lynx Ion units or the Victron energy ION BMS with these batteries is that correct? or can i ?

Thanks for your time

0 Likes 0 ·