question

col-a avatar image
col-a asked

Blue smart IP22 12|30 charging at 15V

My Blue Smart charger ip22 12|30 (1) when set on the high setting (14.7V) will rise in voltage to 15V in bulk and sit there in absorbsion for hours until float. Temperature is 10°. The batteries are new trojan t-105's and are in good working order. Is this normal behaviour as there is a lot of off-gassing in this phase. My other dc-dc and mppt charger set at 14.8V don't do this. Is this a fault and will this have damaged my batteries?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi col a,

The Blue Smart 12-30 is temperature compensated. It will automatically adjust the battery charging voltage based on the "chargers" temp at the start of a charge cycle.

0.3 volt rise from the base 14.7v setting would suit your battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

col-a avatar image
col-a answered ·

Thanks. I realised this in bed this morning. But I would be interested in the fact that the charger senses the temperature at the start, but doesn't the battery heat up during charging, and therefore the voltage needs to be dropped again?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic