question

stavarda avatar image
stavarda asked

Lynx distributor unit

looking at the lynx Distribution unit for a 24v system but not find much info on the benefits anyone use one shead some light for me thanks

Autotransformer
14 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/31925/view.html
if you need any photos of my set up let me know

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda Mark commented ·

any info would be very much appertained

stephenmarkbaxter@yahoo.com

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw stavarda commented ·

@Stavarda What exactly do you want to know?

"A modular DC bus bar, with locations for four DC fuses. It will monitor the status of each fuse, and indicate its condition with a LED on the front. Part of the modular Lynx distribution system."

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda ejrossouw commented ·

How the Lynx distrubition system works. do you need the Lynx Shunt or could you use a 712 BMV and its shunt? Do i need two Lynx Distrubition units or one Distrubirition and one power, planning the set up of 8 12 v 200a smarts to give a 24v system.

Also is there a maximun length of the positive cables to the Lynx unit ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ stavarda commented ·

Hi @Staverda,

best to also use a distributor for the batteries, but if the cable length from battery to distributor is long, it's better to mount fuses closer to batteries.

you can use either the BMV or the Lynx shunt, the Lynx shunt is the easiest to implement, and also has room for the main fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

hi thanks , batteries will be cube type on battery

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Also the function LED’s on the distributor gets they supply voltage to operate from the Lynx shunt

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) im going to be using 8 200a 12v set up in 4 rows or 2 to make the 24v 800a bank distance to Lynx unit will be approx 400mm but will use cube fuses on each battery.

Are there more function with the Lynx shunt?

Have also been asking other questions in another thread on similar topics regarding the IOn 1000a unit which looks like two Lynx power units and a shunt in one neat box, is this correct or a lot more features?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ stavarda commented ·

Not more functions with the Lynx shunt, except that Lynx shunt is connected through CANbus to the GX device.

The Lynx Ion BMS is a very nice product, but not suited for the lfp smart batteries unfortunately.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks that clear that up.

CANbus to the GX device. would this cable have been supplied as everything still in the boxes wait for the build ? or will i need Ve Can to Can BMS

0 Likes 0 ·

@Stavarda

CANbus cable is normal RJ45 patch cable ('ethernet cable'), just like used for VE.bus

0 Likes 0 ·
sanchuka avatar image sanchuka Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), One question about Lynx Distributor. Considering that has 4 slots fused. May I connect the whole system in One Lynx Distributor Unit?.

Example;
Slot 1: Multiplus-II 48/3000 (Fused)
Slot 2: MPPT 250/100 (Fused)
Slot 3: Pylontech US3000 Cables Kit (Fused) (3 parallel Modules)
Slot 4: Venus GX (Unfused as Venus GX brings its own in-line Fuse)

(For future expansion I'm considering a second lynx distributor unit for paralleling same Multiplus-II)

Thank you,

Bye

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda Mark commented ·

hi @Mark do you specs and pics of your set up

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark stavarda commented ·

When I get back to site, I will post a few pics and details to hopefully answer your questions/thoughts

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Refer to the online manual that was recently released: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/dc_distribution

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.