question

austino avatar image
austino asked

Multiplus 48Vdc 5K 230VAC inverter Virtual Switch Not Working

The internal transfer switch stopped working. The system was setup such that when the battery voltage reaches 48V for 5 seconds the internal transfer switch brings in the utility to power the loads. I loaded the ESS assistant settings in the inverter as an attempt to bypass however I don't see the menu options for the ESS on the CCGX. I also have no option but to advise the client to switch manually. I need some assistance to resolve this issue.

virtual switchmultiplus not switching
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Please advise, which respective firmware versions are you running in the multi, and CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try upgrading the firmware to the latest firmware 469 and the latest ess assistant. as one of the earler versions did not show the ess information in all senerios

if you have the assistant installed then the ess information will appear in the ess selection area on the CCGX

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

austino avatar image austino commented ·

All connected devices had the latest firmware. I tried resetting to factory default, reprogramming, latest firmware update but none of that works. The correct voltage is confirmed to be present on the input as well. There is a sound of the inverter trying to switch over but it doesnt make the transfer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ austino commented ·

Hi @austino

does the system work without any assistants? (accept ac input)

can you show us the assistant settings? (select assistants and click 'summary' (screenshot that)

0 Likes 0 ·
austino avatar image austino Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello,

No it doesn't accept the AC input, even without the assistant it doesn't allow the ac to passthrough.

When I get to my laptop I will take the screen shots of the assistant settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ austino commented ·

please look at the ve.bus status on the left of ve.configure screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
austino avatar image austino Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I have not revisited the site as yet.

I have remote access to the location, will that be able to assist with the information you want from the ve.configure screen.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic