question

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis asked

Fronius inverter does not appear on the CCGX console

I have a fronius primo connected on the AC output. It appears on the PV iNVERTER menu. It is selected in the menu and also declared in the ESS setup of the Multiplus.

Sometimes (like the photo attached) the PV inverter does not appear. I only see the Smart PV charger.

Why is this happening?

Froniusremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Are both the Fronius and the CCGX connected together on the local network with a hardwired, manufactured ethernet cable?

Is the Fronius setup with a fixed IP address?

Those are two common issues, and resolve a lot of problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Vangelis Beligiannis answered ยท

Thank you for the reply.

The Fronius is in the same wifi network (always online) it has a fixed IP that is recognized by the cgx. The problem is not permenant. It sometimes stops showing the Fronius...

1 comment
2 |3000

Please try using a hardwired ethernet cable, even temporarily, and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ยท

Have you tried to "ping" the fronius if he is not showing up ? I have three fronius inverters connected via Wifi to a Fritzbox 7590. The Fitzbox has some problems with 2.4 Ghz Wifi and Fronius disappears. The Fronius Symo reconnects after some time.

So try: "ping x.x.x.x" while x.x.x.x is the ip address of your inverter if the inverter is not showing up in the panel. If he is answering you have to search further ..... if not you have a wifi problem.

Jens

2 |3000

Vangelis Beligiannis answered ยท

The Fronius inverter appears online realtime at the Fronius solarweb site at the moment it is not appearing on the cgx. Also I can perform a "scan" for inverters at the minute it not appears. The CGX finds the inverter with its correct IP but still does not show it. Rebooting the cgx makes the inverter reappear but only for a short time after that it disappears again.

2 comments
2 |3000

@vbelijohn, Have you tried not using the wifi connection, but trying hardwired ethernet cables between the Fronius, the router, and the GX device?

There are other options to try as well (including the beta Venus firmware with more AC PV stability improvements).

But testing a hardwired ethernet connection is the very first thing to do, and often resolves the problem.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image Vangelis Beligiannis Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

I will try to use ethernet cables , but this will not be easy as the inverters are too far from the router and I used a wifi access point. I will also check the Venus firmware. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ยท