question

David avatar image
David asked

Certified Fronius with Victron

Hi Guy and Victron (thanks for previous 5 star answers)

An installer is asking this new question:

I have an on grid homeowner, who has an existing Certified Fronius 5.0 (intended to go Selectronics when batteries were added) who is now thinking about Victron MultiGrid-II. Will the Victron do the frequency shifting with the Cert Fronius inverter ok?

Thanks again.

David, DPA Solar

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I can't speak from personal experience on this one, however I would say it will work with almost complete certainty.

Configure the Multi as normal (with the AC inverter assistant), this will raise the frequency as required (and indicate where to have it connected).

I would be extremely surprised if Fronius actually disabled the high frequency power reduction and disconnection response features with that certification process. I think more so just provided another power control function on top of it.

OF COURSE watch very closely that first time fill up, and I always recommend the addition of a Victron DC MPPT when battery charging is involved.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Thanks Guy for the quick and detailed response. 5 stars.

0 Likes 0 ·