question

enya avatar image
enya asked

How do I save VRM historical data and reset for new?

Hello fellow Victrons,

Have recently (yesterday) commissioned new battery Bank (AGM) replacing wet cell. Would like to keep the historical data todate and also reset environment to start collection a fresh with new bank.

My thoughts that I could create a new installation. If possible I would rename original installation (To old ) and create a new one with the original name.

Any other options?

MPPT ControllersVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is not possible to keep the historical data in VRM. The data itself inside the database is attached to the VRM Portal ID that is unique to each GX device and identifies it to VRM.

I think the best case would be to go to the advanced page, set a custom time period for the life of the system, and then export available data into the two excel sheets, download .xls and kWh.xls.

Then check those spreadsheets thoroughly to make sure the data you are interested is in there.

7637-screen-shot-2020-01-31-at-60815-pm.jpg

Once that is done, and you are happy the records available are suitable for your future needs, then you can find the site deletion tool in Settings -> General, delete the site and then start again.

7642-screen-shot-2020-01-31-at-61214-pm.jpg

Though if this was my site, I wouldn't delete the old data. I would just make a note in the Notes section of the date that I replaced the battery, and then keep all the historical data in VRM.

7638-screen-shot-2020-01-31-at-61421-pm.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ·
Sorry to drag this up, but I just installed a rPi running venus OS and connected it up with USB cables to my 100/20 MPPT, and smart shunt. It's all working great and was easy to setup. I have a lot of historical data from the 100/20 (almost 3 years worth!) that I've saved in CSV format. Is it possible to upload this data so it is then shown in the online portal?
0 Likes 0 ·
enya avatar image
enya answered ·

Thx Guy, i think I will go with your suggestion to simply make a note. As I have now install the second BMV702. I can review its data ,which represents the new battery bank and refer to first BMV702 for aggregate of both.

Regards.

2 |3000