question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Is there VE.Direct to USB with angled ve.direct end?

I know there are ve.direct to ve.direct angled connection cables, but is there one with the USB on the other end? From what I can find, there are no male to female ve.direct cables so I would need to USB to ve.direct with an angled end. -Bill

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·

Sweet!! And it appears it can be shipped to the USA. -Bill

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@TTbb, if you check the connector dimensions on this, it's a very long way from being a VE.Direct adaptor.

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image ttbb Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Justin are you really assuming i would go and post some random connector that just kind of looked like it might be right? lol

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image ttbb ttbb commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (869.2 KiB)
2.jpeg (25.9 KiB)
3.png (132.9 KiB)
4.png (465.3 KiB)
5.jpg (36.7 KiB)
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ ttbb commented ·

@TTbb, not assuming, I just know the dimensions of a VE.Direct cable and the posted dimensions on the listing don't match. Posted listing for the connector says its (female side) dimensions are 8.5mm x 7mm x 3.5mm; a VE.Direct connector (female side) is 8.33mm x 4.76mm x 3.26mm.

Have you personally used this and know it to be effective? beta.ivc.no is hardly an authoritative source on Victron equipment, and certainly isn't Victron-approved, so I just question the veracity of this design, whether or not the plug actually fits, and whether the the data transmitted through non-approved wiring remains accurate and dependable. If you personally know that it works because you've done it, that's one thing, but if you're just taking an article from a random internet source and posting it as a viable solution to a problem, it's another... thus my question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hi all,

JST-PH is the correct type.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) and @TTbb, I will update my thinking to reflect this! Always happy to learn something new :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources