question

Mark avatar image
Mark asked

Synchronising Ve-can shunt!

Can't synchronise battery Soc for VE-can shunt,pressing the synchronise button on the CCGX menu, seems to have no response or effect!.....is this a bug?

CCGX Color ControlVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello, The settings need to be made in the CCGX, followed by a full charge of the battery. That should set the SOC to 100%.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

Hi Johannes,

The point I was raising,...

Is the synchronisation button in the CCGX menu doesn't work!

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark Mark commented ·

Various other improvements and fixes

• Fix Generator start/stop issue in combination with the Lynx Ion BMS and Lynx Shunt VE.Can
  • Fix bug relating to the VE.Can Tank Sender Adapter; this fixes the issue with the latest batch of VE.Can Tank Sender Adapters.
  • Improve compatibility with other NMEA2000 type fluid level senders; such as the Simrad Fluid Level Sender 000-11518-001.
  • It fixes a bug where the GPS wouldn’t show up if it was connected whilst the Venus Device was already running.
  • Hide the Fronius HTTP port setting which was causing confusion – and not req
  • Lynx Shunt VE.Can: Fix bug in the “Zero current” & “Synchronize”; they didn’t always work; now they do.
1 Like 1 ·
Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

The synchronisation button is still yet to function in the CCGX for the lynx shunt, is there any scope in addressing this issue in the near future! @mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

From your above post of the change log; I concluded that you found it had been fixed in a version later than the one you were using? Not?

Then please let us know firmware versions. Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·
Mark avatar image Mark mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mathias,

Firmware versions as follows......

CCGX.....v2.22

LYNX VE.CAN.....v1.08

Multiplus....430

MPPTs 250/100.....v1.37

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

Guy/Johannes, can you advise how I know that they 'now do work' (from post above). That is to say I have Venus and Lynx Shunt 1000 (VE.Can) and I cannot seem to get any 'response' from either of these buttons. i.e. no visual effect.

Both components are running lastest firmware (see my VRM portal and and following screenshots).

Thanks in advance

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

This synchronisation issue still persists with the shunt running V1.08

Ps..... I was in Almere last week training, at Alfen’s HQ.looking at their 2MW battery storage solutions,the UK is a few years behind the Netherlands in technology advances!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page