question

alby868 avatar image
alby868 asked

Kirloskar Generator not connecting

I have a 5KVA KOEL genset which is connected to a 5KVA multiplus 2 inverter/charger for a 15 kWh lithium battery bank. When I tried to start the generator & load the inverter, it is not connecting as I expected. From the sound of the generator,I found it is overloading a bit & relay in the inverter/charger gets disconnected.

So what can be done to solve this issue.

Any thoughts?

battery chargingGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @alby868

Your Multi is certainly capable of overloading your genny, and so likely are your batts. You'll need to set a current limit within the Multi, and you can tune that to where your genny is 'comfortable'

In case the genny is actually being rejected, see here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

The pages of the VE.Config in that article may show the current limit setting too. Hoping you have the kit to do this..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alby868 avatar image
alby868 answered ยท

We have tried the current limiting also but still the relay gets disconnected in Multiplus 2. Is there any option to provide delay manually to relay inside the inverter/charger

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

Might be possible with an 'Assistant' installed in the Multi, but outta my field. Maybe someone else can help there..

For a 'soft start' you could try enabling 'Dynamic current limiter'.

Some people confuse batt A with ac A when setting input limit, just a possibility.

Sometimes also helps to ensure it's not the genny baulking, these things can happen fast. A monitor light direct off the genny could show that.

Else it's back to that link I posted. I need to tick 'Weak ac input' on my own system for it to accept my genny. So you wouldn't be alone..

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic