question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Getting a web browser to auto logon to the local web VGX remote console?

Has anyone figured out a way to automatically logon to the local Remote Console? Maybe a URI that works when appended to the URL? None of my browsers will fill in the stored password. Possibly due to the certificate. I havent tried getting rid of the password yet to see if it will then auto logon. -Bill

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@bigbillsd This is indeed currently not possible. It has to do with the underlying mechanism to show the remote console, which means we can not use the native browser supported password store mechanism.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·

Bummer. Hopefully they will figure out a workaround.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @bigbillsd

Try using a browser tab setup with just "venus.local" in the address bar. This needs the GX to be connected to VRM, and won't work if that link is down. A few seconds lag only, even if on the other side of the world.

Mine doesn't ask for a password, but that may be a setting in the GX anyway.

If that's blued on this post of mine, just click on it..

4 comments
2 |3000

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·

That sort of gets me to the logon, but then it doesn't let me logon at all. There really should be a way to get it to autologon with a password.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Bill commented ·

Hmm, you must've deleted an answer, my comment disappeared.. I'll try again..

Try going Settings > Remote Console. Disable password check, and Enable on both VRM and LAN.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill avatar image Bill JohnC ♦ commented ·

Im not sure I could delete your answer. Hopefully I didn't and can't. I really want a password on it. Hard to imagine there isn't a uri we could add to put the pw in. -Bill

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Bill commented ·

By VGX, you mean Venus GX, right? In it's manual there's this:

"3.2 Small button located to the right of the green 14-Terminal Connector Block

Short press: WiFi Access point on/off

A single short press toggles the internal WiFi access point on and off. The LED indicates its state: when the LED blinks green slow, then the built-in Access Point is disabled. when the LED is green and blinking fast, then the built-in Access Point is enabled.

Long press: reset all network settings to factory defaults

Press and hold the small button for a minimum of four seconds. The LED will stay on for 2 seconds to indicate that the log press has been recognised; then release the button again.

• Ethernet is set back to DHCP
  • WiFi Access Point is enabled
  • Remote Console password is disabled
  • Remote Console on LAN and on VRM is enabled
  • Remote Console on LAN and on VRM is enabled"

By 'ethernet' it should mean both cable and wifi. What bluetooth does I don't know. Sorry my earlier attempts weren't on the ball, must've been half asleep.. zz.. :)

It's not important, but if you delete an 'answer' or a 'comment', any replies to it will get deleted too. Else the reply would be orphaned..

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

Understood, but I am still trying to find a way to have my (any) browser to autologon using a password for the remote console (local access) I have read the manual, and its not in there. So maybe its not possible. But I would like someone from Victron to respond whether its possible or not. -Bill

2 |3000