question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

Victron 75/15 overcharging battery

Hi. So my alarm in motorhome was saying leisure battery was overcharging. A 120w panel and victron 75/15 charge controller as been powering up my leisure battery fine for around a month. I connected up to a spare battery and its going up to 15.1 before I disconnect it cause seems to much thanks steve

error
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

So today its all working fine. CHarged 2 batters which went to float charging 3rd fine. Strange

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
spirou avatar image
spirou answered ·

Quite possibly switched itself to 24V mode. It happened to me once.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Don't think it possible for me to change volt from 12 to 24

0 Likes 0 ·
rudykruger avatar image
rudykruger answered ·

What model charge controller? Under "Battery" in VictronConnect settings for the charge controller, what are your Battery Preset settings, Charge Voltage settings, Equalization settings.

3 comments
2 |3000

Victron 75/15 mppt. Not smart no Bluetooth mppt

0 Likes 0 ·
rudykruger avatar image rudykruger Steve commented ·

So it's a Bluesolar 75/15? If it was me I would want to see settings, since these controllers are programmable. The Bluetooth dongle is $50 or so and the VE Direct to USB cable is around $30. Batteries are expensive... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ6WTLW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dTijEb8EB23VR

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve avatar image Steve rudykruger commented ·

OK. Thanks for your help

0 Likes 0 ·
peterowan avatar image
peterowan answered ·

Just to add a supplementary that my MPPT 75/15 BlueSolar also decided the world was a 24v one. The switch off / disconnect / cup of coffee / reconnect didnt work. Dongle arrived this morning and all is fine now ive reset it to 12v. From scanning the forum this does appear to be a recurring problem

2 |3000

trollan avatar image
trollan answered ·

Unfortunately I have the same victron MPPT controller and a 24v setup and today it kept spiking to 30+ volts even though it should not exceed 28.8 - it has the latest firmware. cannot keep using it if it continues to over charge the batteries

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic