question

michaelp avatar image
michaelp asked

Bluesolar 75/15 error

I own a 75/15, on the latest firmware, on the victron connect app I have my batteries set in the advanced section to the manufacturers recommended voltage levels, I have (and have since purchase) float voltage set to 13.70 volts, the app had always shown the controller when in float mode holding the batteries at 13.5v.

The firmware update before 1.46 corrected this and float was working as I'd set at 13.7v.

The 1.46 update has now undone this fix and through the app I'm now seeing less voltage than set in float, I can set the voltage in the app to 13.87 to get the float voltage to hold at 13.7v.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Michael.

Don't forget temperature compensation, unless you have it turned off for some reason. Your set V's can vary due to this, and your 75/15 will decide on that when it awakens every morn. It locks it in for the day. More kit can give that continuous attention, but the stock setup is adequate for most users.

A firmware update in the warmer part of the day may cause the mppt to forget where it started, and possibly revert to the stock settings, or even use the current temps and lock them in. I've noticed this myself.

If you're looking at it immediately after the firmware update, try just leaving it overnight to see what happens when it lights up the next day. My guess (a tested guess in my case), is that it will revive itself after a sleep, and behave normally.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic