question

Ivar Wagle avatar image
Ivar Wagle asked

SmartSolar Charger MPPT 250/85 #68 Network misconfigured

Today, I remotely installed the last 4.42 update for CCGX. No problem. Then I upgraded, also remotely, the connected SmartSolar 250/85 from v. 1.46 to 1.47.

Imediately after an error code pops up in vrm and remote console:

Solar Charger [258] - #68 - Network misconfigured: Error code

In the error code overwiev (https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes), it is suggested to disconnect the device with Victron Connect app. As this is a remote installation, I can not use the app to do this.

Furthermore, the error log keeps updateing every 10 or so seconds, shifting from "cleard after XX seconds" to "Active".

Please. I need som advice.

firmware updatesmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Ivar Wagle avatar image
Ivar Wagle answered ·

Sorry for bumping. Really need some help on this one.

Still turning on constant warnings on network error on SmartSolar MPPT #68.

Occurs every few seconds while the sun is up, not when it is no power from the PV array.

Seems to stop reporting error when the DVCCis turned off.

Noticed that the MPPT charger is report device instance 258. However in the CCGX, under Modbus TCP Services it has Unit ID 245. Is this relevant?

As mentioned, it is a remote installation, so I hva limited possibilities for the next month to service it on site. Any suggestion on how to fix this remotely or via vrm or a remote desktop session with an on site raspi would be gratly apreasiated.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Try disabling smart networking.

Dvcc and smart network will clash.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivar Wagle avatar image Ivar Wagle klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Can smart network be disabled without being on site with a phone/tablet with the Victron Connect app?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Ivar Wagle commented ·

I don't know is smart networking can be disabled remotely. Or if a new config file can be uploaded to the mppt.

If the bmv and the mppt are smart networked, it would seem safe to disable dvcc, and rely on the cgx to remotely monitor the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
delecor avatar image
delecor answered ·

Same problem here after updatin MPPT 250/100 via VRM Portal. Can anybody help us? Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Bump to top.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ivar and @delecor

For remote configuring, you can try the beta-version of Victron Connect, please note that is a testing version, so there can be some quirks (please report if you find errors)

With this version you can connect to VRM, and then configure devices as if you're directly connected to them.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

2 |3000

delecor avatar image
delecor answered ·

Hi, @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Thank you for your answer. I have reached remote access to MPPT but "VE.Smart Networking" menu doesn't appears thru VictronConnect app.

Do you know why?

Thank you.

3 comments
2 |3000

I don't know, sorry. That's a bummer :(

Maybe I can provide the previous firmware for the MPPT so you can install that through VRM

0 Likes 0 ·
delecor avatar image delecor Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @delecor

You can probably disable bluetooth remotely! this should also disable the smart network :)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_disable_bluetooth

0 Likes 0 ·
gwbn avatar image
gwbn answered ·

@ivar, I seem to have a similar problem, of kinds.... What i do is on a daily basis revert to the backup firmware on my VE Bus. seems to sort out the communication short circuit that happens between the Venus, the bus and the MPPT it is fine then until the next morning....

1579067293711.png (2.2 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @GwbN if there is a re-occuring problem, please contact your dealer for solutions, first try would be a different cable (if you have on yourself, please try), but this sounds like a defect so the unit might have to be replaced.

0 Likes 0 ·