question

trisa avatar image
trisa asked

Raspberry PI and no data

Hi
I have a Rasperry Pi (3b) with Venus (latest version).

It is only (for now) connected to a Quattro via MK3-USB interface. The quattro is updated.

It is turn on, and is charging. Have also conncted some loads to the Quattro, and they are working.

When I log into vrm.victronenergy.com the info is only showing: No data to display

When I log in directly via the IP-adress, it says: System off

What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

system integration
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

@Trisa what Ethernet cable did you use between the MK3 and the Quattro?

If you made it yourself, did you test it?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trisa avatar image trisa commented ·

Yes, you were absolutely right!

The cable was not home-made, but cat5. When I tested with Cat 5e, everything worked!

So thanks!

This is the "bad" cable:

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6211.jpg (1.9 MiB)
img-6210.jpg (1.8 MiB)
trisa avatar image
trisa answered ·

Maybe this helps?

2 comments
2 |3000

beate avatar image beate commented ·

Hi @Trisa, do you find the reason?

I have same problem with Venus GX

0 Likes 0 ·
trisa avatar image trisa beate commented ·

Hi! I changed to a different Ethernet cable (Cat 5), and problem solved.

0 Likes 0 ·
trisa avatar image
trisa answered ·

Looks as if the Venus does not know that there is a Quattro connected. Anything I must do to make this happen?

Have only connected the MK3-USB between Quattro and the Raspberry. Have tried to reboot and connect on by one etc. but no luck.

2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Also, if you connect your laptop to the MK3 and open VictronConnect, what do you see?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic