question

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 asked

Multiplus II as addition to existing Hybrid Inverter, show battery in display in venus

I have an existing Hybrid high voltage solar inverter from Sofarssolar and want to to display the Hybrid Inverter Battery and PV generation in the Venus display. I already did a driver for the hybrid inverter display itself as a Smart grid meter and also as a normal PV inverter. This works well also with the ESS assistent (grid point 0W).

However I would like to have the battery data, the charging and discharging data displayed to have everything on one display. Is there some means to tell venus, that the second battery is not connected to the Multiplus but separate?

Currently it look like this:

1669659272326.pngI would like to have it look like this (and maybe even include the solar generator):

1669659397801.png

Is there any solution to this common problem of extending an existing system?

system integration
1669659272326.png (41.4 KiB)
1669659397801.png (43.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 answered ·

Any suggestions from victron?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

russtreacy avatar image
russtreacy answered ·

I'd like to bump this request.

I have a 48v system for inverter and 12v batteries for house stuff.

2 |3000

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 answered ·

Now that Dynamic ESS (DESS) is available, the question rises again? Multiplus with additional batteries can be used to extend existing Solar-Systems with Hybrid-Inverters, so it would be a very good thing, if there is an option for the DESS in Multipus to just monitor the state of the additional battery. Otherwise I would have to implement the whole code for DESS. There is almost everything there, so please support this, dear Victron team.

2 |3000

oxident avatar image
oxident answered ·

Interesting. That's basically what'm trying to achieve for almost a year now. I think it's quite complex and for now I've chosen the way to handle Victron's (non dynamic-)ESS by using ESS Mode 2 and a quite huge script on an external system.

Basically, I'm watching the grid meter and adjust the MP's setpoint according to the current feed-in/consumption value. But as I have no control over the hybrid-inverters' own logic, I need to ensure that I won't get into a charge/discharge loop where energy is just shifted between Victron and the Hybrid's battery.

So the 2nd step is to monitor the current state of the hybrid-inverter to avoid charging the Victron battery while the other system is discharging.

I guess, simulating DESS in this situation could be easy but I'm afraid, that won't work "out of the box".

@carsten2: I assume that you're using "virtual" grid and pv meters to display your hybrid inverter within Venus OS. Can you explain this setup a little bit more detailed?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic