question

arke avatar image
arke asked

Does the Quattro limit MPPT max voltage?

Hi

Have the following setup:

Three 15 kVa Quattros

Four 250/100 Smart solar MPPTs

185 kWh lithium battery bank 16s8p configuration

REC BMS

60 330 watt panels

The battery is configured to have a max volt of 65.6 volt and the MPPTs are configured to charge up to that voltage and they do that if i unplug the comm cable to the Quattros. But as soon as i connect it back the MPPTs are ramped down to zero production. The MPPTs start charging when the voltage is below 64.x isch. My conclusion is that the Quattros are limiting the charging since they are only able to charge with their internal charger up to 64.4 volt. The REC BMS reports that charging can continue at full cream but the Quattros says no for some strange reason.

Any tips on how i can configure the Quattros to not limit the charging voltage in my setup?

//Ari

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Arke

Yes DVCC uses the voltage from the inverter, the CANbus BMS voltage is converted by it and send back to the system, altered based on things like charge state, feed-in allowed, etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arke avatar image arke commented ·

To be honest i don’t have a clue on what DVCC does but it was recommended that i activate it by REC. but then the question is, can i switch it off? Going via the Quattros seems at first glance a little unnecessary? The BMS handles the charging just fine on itself? This problem occured when i added 4 cells to each bank. But the reason for that was to create a larger working voltage range.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Arke

You might want to read up a bit then:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#dvcc_-_distributed_voltage_and_current_control

And maybe remove some cells to have a little bit lower voltage (for li-ion, 12s to 15s works fine, for LiFe(Y)PO4, 16s is perfect)

0 Likes 0 ·