question

,john frode avatar image
,john frode asked

Color Control GX does not reboot after new version firmware

I have two Color Control GX's, both connected to internet via cable to a switch.

Both was set up with automatic check and install new version firmware

For a couple off months ago one of them did not reboot after the firmware was installed(ver 2.20).

The same happened when 2.22 was installed.

In both cases I had to restart the Color Control GX manually.

Have anybody else experienced this problem?

CCGX Color Controlfirmware updatereboot
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Johniss,

Are you saying that the firmware downloaded, but the unit didn’t automatically install it and restart in the new version?

0 Likes 0 ·
,john frode avatar image ,john frode Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

Yes.. the firmware was downloaded and installed... ,when I rebooted the Color Control manually it was running the new firmware.

I need to go by boat (my cabin is on island) to reboot the Color Control... so I have switched off the automatic installation on this control.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @johniss, can you confirm that it happened to the same unit twice, and the other one updated fine every time?

And, was it still operational on the old firmware? Or stuck somewhere in the reboot process?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

And this must be installation ‘Fesøy 54 - Hoved’, right?

Is it OK that we login to investigate?

0 Likes 0 ·
,john frode avatar image ,john frode mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi

Yes, it's ‘Fesøy 54 - Hoved'. Just login. (I'm not at the cabin now.)

I have a Rutland 1200 wind turbine connected to the system.. this it not shown.

Please do not reboot it is not necessary.. the forecast is quite windy for the 1.January (21 m/s) :-(

I first tried a manually reboot, but it was not starting. Then I disconnected the power to the Color Control. It started OK with v2.22.

Afterwards I manually restart it with v2.20( in case the it was a v2.22 problem).

It has always rebooted OK before v2.20.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ,john frode commented ·

Hi, ok we’ll look into it; will be only next week; I’ll get back to you on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi John, in the last firnware update, v2.23, the the watchdog s enabled earlier in the bootprocess of the ccgx. I think it will solve the issue.

If it doesnt, and the same devices keeps not booting now and then, then pls contact your dealer for a replacement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic