question

richieducati avatar image
richieducati asked

Problem Connecting digital multi control to 24/3000/70 Multi plus issue

When I connect the control to the inverter all I get is all lights sequentially blinking on both inverter and charger side of control - no further connection. Tried changing cable out - no difference. Trying to determine if the unit is faulty, My firmware version is 2712413 - ideas - solutions should be plug and play? Thanks for your help.

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

The switch on the inverter one your connected should be in the on position. The digital multi control then takes over. Is is a single inverter system?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richieducati answered ·

Yes, this occurs with switch on. In fact, once the multi-control is plugged in and the lights are flashing sequentially as mentioned the inverter does not function. Even after being unplugged. The inverter clicks on and off as if an Undervoltage or low battery situation. This gets resolved by plugging in Victron config - ( maybe connect) The inverter then kicks on and stays on. I am going to update the software even though my multi says the software IS up to date - when attempting to employ the blue tooth dongle it says that the multi plus software requires an upgrade for the blue tooth to function. We shall see. I would appreciate some direct Victron support on this and any other help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Richue

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @richieducati

You didn't mention before you have a bluetooth dongle, please read the manual about minimum requirements:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual

you wrote you have firmware 413, this is very old, please upgrade it to get things working:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

0 Likes 0 ·
richieducati answered ·

ok updated the inverter and the smart dongle - it gives me the multi on the app and the ability to see data as well as turn on and off the device from the phone which is good. The issue with the DMC remains unhandled with or without the dongle connected or not to the inverter - leading me to believe that the DMC which continues to blink sequentially on both inverter and charger sides and is inoperative may be defective. Thoughts?

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @richieducati

What firmware is your inverter on now?

0 Likes 0 ·
richieducati avatar image richieducati Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

465 I believe

0 Likes 0 ·
richieducati avatar image richieducati richieducati commented ·

So Daniel, can you tell me if you have come across this type issue or something similar before in regards to the DMC or whether you believe that the unit itself may be defective so I can return it. Any other possible solutions you can think with ? Settings etc.?

Thanks

Riche

0 Likes 0 ·
richieducati answered ·

Hi Daniel or other Victron staff - I would appreciate the help and a solution on getting the DMC working or and answer as to whether the unit is defective or not. I started the process of returning the DMC ideally for one which works although I am not sure yet it is defective. @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @richieducati

I don't know what the sequential blinking means, sorry.

panel should work on all firmware versions of inverter (but updating firmware is the first step when experiencing problems).

does the button on the back of the unit do something? can you adjust settings?

If you tried with nothing else connected, no MK3 device, smart dongle, etc. then I'd say yes exchange the unit for another one.

your distributor can test the unit for you and replace when broken.

0 Likes 0 ·
richieducati avatar image richieducati Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

As mentioned previously we updated the software to 465. Button on the back does nothing for this issue. (no response). Yep tried the other. The distributor (Amazon distributor) had no answers other than recommending the community - so, let's see what a new unit will do.

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic