question

zundfolge avatar image
zundfolge asked

SmartSolar 100/30 and BMV-712 no Bluetooth connection w/iPhone

Hi all, I just finished installing the SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 and a BMV-712 in my van, but I can't connect to the Bluetooth with my iPhone 11pro max. I can connect with my MacBook, and when I did I performed all of the firmware updates, so the devices themselves are now current, and I have the most recent Victron Connect on my iPhone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, shutting the equipment down, etc. but no combination of what I'm doing will allow me to connect.

The screen just hangs out at 20% connecting, and spins and spins but never connects. I've read that this is a problem for others but I haven't seen a solution. It never asks me for the Bluetooth pin, just hangs at 20%. I tried goi g out of range of all other Bluetooth signals to see if it was some kind of interference, to no avail.

Is anyone aware of how to fix this? Thank you.

Bluetooth
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

in Bluetooth settings, search and pair.

allow location in app settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
frankh avatar image frankh klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Oh well done, you pointed me in the right direction:- Settings/VictronConnect/turn the blinking' Bluetooth on. It was on in the setting but not in the app.

Cheers a lot,

Frank H.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
zundfolge avatar image
zundfolge answered ·

I restarted my phone and that seems to have solved the problem. Both of them now connect, thanks for your attention.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic