question

eyacht avatar image
eyacht asked

Why won't VEConnect update my firmware?

Hi - I have four MPPTs, two are at v1.39 and two are at v1.46 ... no, I don't know why. Anyway, I have attempted to update them - app version is 5.15 (I have an iPhone so can't get v5.8 apparently) - the process runs on all four to completion and I get the success message. But nothing has happened and they are all still at the same versions.

There is also one other oddity: When updating, three of them say "updating from v2.19 to 2.23" and one of them says "updating from v1.39 to v1.46". None of them are at 2.19.

Coincidentally, the firmware version of my colour displays is 2.23.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Many thanks in advance.

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color Controlfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

There are two bits of firmware, one for the MPPT v1.xx and the other for Bluetooth v2.xxx. I think what you are seeing is the Bluetooth firmware update from 2.19 to 2.23. The MPPT firmware is not updated at this stage.
Close and then open the app again (or refresh the Device List page and connect to the device again and this time is should offer the MPPT firmware update.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eyacht avatar image eyacht commented ยท

Thank you @WKirby - I don't understand why, but just repeating the process this morning has updated the port side to 1.46 so it is now the same as the starboard side. If the update from 2.19 to 2.23 was really for the Bluetooth update, I don't understand why it would show a pic of an MPPT during the update, nor why it did it 4 times. But at least my CCGX displays now say all MPPTs are at 1.46. Thank you for the advice!

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources