question

gm-solong avatar image
gm-solong asked

Cant login to VRM portal in windows

Portal access via andriod app is fine however windows login rejects me with a red 'Login Required' message! Any suggestions?

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gm-solong avatar image gm-solong commented ·

This problem persists; It works perfectly via the Andriod app with current data being updated and displayed. With Windows and Chrome - the error persists.

I clear the browser cache - no change....

This is very frustrating, my eyesight is not the best and I prefer to use my large screen via laptop to view my data.

This is a live-aboard boat installation so energy management is crucial

Happy New Year.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
gm-solong avatar image
gm-solong answered ·

Gents,

All is suddenly well!

No change from settings or software at my end so if you have made changes - Thanks!

Farewell Gremins!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @gm-solong

There were some problems with VRM today, should be solved now, does it work again for you?

2 |3000

gm-solong avatar image
gm-solong answered ·

Hi Daniel

I can only login via window if I check 'Stay Signed In' - however the data displayed is a day older than the data displayed via the andriod app (which is correct and up to date!)

2 |3000

gm-solong avatar image
gm-solong answered ·

Daniel,

No. Its still the same ......

7 comments
2 |3000

What exactly are you logging in to? VRM website? through VRM app? or something else?

do you have a screenshot of the message?

0 Likes 0 ·
gm-solong avatar image gm-solong Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Daniel,

The error occurs at https://vrm.victronenergy.com/login in windows Chrome. The error shown is in red 'Login required'

(if I try a screen capture, the message disappears)

If I use the VRM app on andriod; it works just fine....

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ gm-solong commented ·

Perhaps you could try capturing the whole browser window with Alt-PrintScrn ratch than using Snipping Tool which requires mouse clicks - causing the error screen to go away,

0 Likes 0 ·
gm-solong avatar image gm-solong wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Screen capture as requested.....

0 Likes 0 ·
victronscreen.jpg (332.4 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gm-solong commented ·

so when entering email-address and password, you get that message?

if so, have you tried Ctrl-F5 ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

And do you have any Chrome plugins installed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

@gm-solong

see above

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @gm-solong,

I have a theory that I would like to rule out.

Please get an alternative email address, ideally something very boring and reliable like a @gmail.com account.

Using your android, can you please add that gmail email address to the admin users of your site in the settings menu of VRM.

Then accept the VRM invitation in gmail, and try logging into VRM in Windows with those gmail credentials and see if it works then.

My theory is that your current email address domain space might be causing some validation issues. If you can confirm that this works, then I can make a ticket for the VRM developers to look further into it.

2 comments
2 |3000

gm-solong avatar image gm-solong commented ·

Hello Guy,

Did as you suggested; a new gmail account, added that to users with full control - get invalid credentials message!!!

Strange; this was previously working just fine with my own domain email address (reliable now for 5 years) - this has remained unchanged, same isp.....error presented when VRM was updated recently.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ gm-solong commented ·

Thanks for ruling that out.

There might be some delay before people get back from holidays, but I will ask some VRM developers to look into it.

Please provide as many details as possible about your operating system version, browsers and browser versions you have tried, and what you can remember when it stopped working to help them.

I tested and was able to log in with Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 on Windows 10 Home version 1903 build 18362.476

The VRM portal changelog is here - that might help you identify the time the issue arose.

Is there a 3rd device you could also test the login?

Also try using the browser in Android to visit vrm.victronenergy.com and not the app.

0 Likes 0 ·