question

wain avatar image
wain asked

I have a 751 15 Charge Controller. It has a yellow 20A fuse. I want to buy a backup fuse online but I have noticed they seem to come in different sizes, large medium etc. Which fuse should I order please?

charge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Christian Lindermann avatar image
Christian Lindermann answered ·

Hi.

You need a standard ATO-Fuse (19,1 × 5,1 × 18,5 mm), you´ll find in many car backup light/fuse-boxes...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@wain, @Christian Lindermann is correct, the replacement fuse is a standard ATO fuse. That being said, the 75/15's fuse will only blow in case of reverse polarity from the battery/PV inputs, so 1: as long as you connect it correctly, you will never need a replacement fuse, and 2: you absolutely need to have a separate fuse for the wiring to your battery. The 75/15's fuse is for self-protection only, it does not provide protection for your wiring. You should have a separate 25 or 30A fuse on the cabling connecting your solar controller to your battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic