question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Quattro Neutrals?

I was watching Guy's 3-phase Quattro installationvideo on Victron Professional and had a question regarding the Neutrals on ACin and ACout.

Does these two Neutrals have to be separated? I know the Neutrals on ACout has to be linked in a 3-phase setup, but is it possible to link also ACin Neutrals to the same busbar as the Neutrals of ACout?

Forexample in a TN-C grid with a combined PEN, PE and N are linked in the switchboard. So ACin would then have PE and N linked already (at the switchboard).
If there is no RCD on the ACout from the quattros, could the Neutral from ACout on the quattro go to the same busbar as PE and N are linked to in the switchboard?

I know best practice is to install a RCD and have Neutral from ACout go to an isolated Neutral busbar in the switchboard. I was just curiouse on if the quattro NEED to separate ACin Neutral from ACout Neutral or if they can operate together on the same busbar.

Also, what dimension is the chassi ground on Quattro 5K 230V? M6 or M8?

Kind Regards

M

3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

When the Quattro diconnects AC-IN it disconnects both L and N with a double pole relay.
So connecting Neutral IN and Neutral OUT on the same bus bar will mean that only Live is being disconnected.
You want the two Neutrals to be separated because you can't have two PE-N links. Like you said PE and N are linked at the board.
When the inverter runs, the PE-N relay closes. If your IN and OUT Neutrals are tied together you'll end up with two PE-N links which is not allowed in most countries.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ยท

Hi, the ground relay can be turned off, is this not n option for this scenario?
When would one choose to turn off the ground relay?

Kind Regards

M

0 Likes 0 ยท
ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ยท

Perhaps if you have a TN-S, thats what the option to turn off the ground relay is for.
Since its not ok to go back to TN-C in a TN-S system.

0 Likes 0 ยท