question

William avatar image
William asked

Bluetooth or not?

I just purchased a Victron Energy BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 Charge Controller off amazon. I have been reading that if it says smartsolar on it, it already has bluetooth built in. The amazon description does not say smart but the unit does say smart on it. Do I need to buy the bluetooth dongle to make the bluetooth work?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@signet63, if the unit says SmartSolar on it, it's a unit with Bluetooth built in and you don't need a dongle.

Amazon listings are frequently inaccurate in their descriptions because of their listing process; Amazon's algorithms often combine listings even when the items are not identical (ie, Amazon often thinks that a SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 is the same thing as a BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 and so combines them without asking the company actually selling the item). Bottom line, trust the print on the Victron device before you trust the accuracy of the Amazon listing.

All that being said, the easy way to verify that is to download the VictronConnect app and connect to the device :-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.