question

ecohorizon avatar image
ecohorizon asked

Is the Victron Quattro 8kW Compatible with a Honda Generator (7.2KVA)?

Hi Guys,

We have a community project in a Glass grow-dome.

We want to have 4kW of solar panels, BYD batteries and also a generator.

We have the below generator already and want to know can we run both 4kW of solar and the genny together on the Victron Quattro 8kW.

Generator details: (SIP 04478 Electric Start Honda Generator 7.2KVA REF: SIP04478)

Thanks

Generatorvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can run both at the same time, the honda should be able to work fine but you will have to limit the ac1 in current to around 10 amp or you will overload the honda unit, you will need to adjust this to suit the hondas output

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

I don't think this is true. The Genset is specified for 6kVA continuous output, so even 20A should be fine.

OP is probably asking the other way round: Can both run at the same time and not overload the Quattro 8kVA.

To answer that, it all depends how said 4kW (or kWp?) of solar are connected to the system. If via AC-coupled inverter, then my gut tells me the Genset would need to be restricted to 15A.

If DC-coupled directly to BYD via MPPT: No problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop