question

Carlo avatar image
Carlo asked

using BAD Split-Phase GRID, where only one phase is coming in.

The grid in the are where I can is so bad that sometimes only one phase is working. How can I configure the Quattro to use that single phase to charge our battery, and allow the other Quattro to use battery current to provide a stable split phase system.

I have a pair of "Quattro 48/10000/140 120V" that are configure in Split phase 120/240V, to use a single phase that sometimes comes in from a very bad grid. The Quattro that receives the working phase would have to charge the battery so that the other Quattro could provide the other side.

Can this be done?

gridsplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

I do believe so, when setting up using vebus system configurator you should deselect “switch as group”. This way the Quattros can accept grid on either unit without needing the other phase to be present

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

That is correct.

Only time it (probably) doesn't work is when you set a grid-code, as this usually doesn't allow you to connect to just one phase.. So feed-in would not be possible.

0 Likes 0 ·