question

anna-k avatar image
anna-k asked

Venus GX keeps disconnecting

Dear community,

I'm trying to set up a Venus GX with a GX GSM. The GSM doesn't show up on the menu of the remote control so I figured I'd update the firmware first (currently 2.18).

The problem is the following: The Venus GX keeps disconnecting from the remote console and wifi after some seconds. It disconnects from the remote control (on built-in WiFi, lan and vrm alike) and also from the hotspot I'm trying to use to do an online update. So I'm able to do some settings if I'm quick but it won't stay connected long enough to do an update.

What could cause this behavior? I have tried two different units of Venus GX and both exhibit the same problem so I don't really believe in a defective device. Also the gx is able to send data to vrm when connected to a hotspot, so it's essentially functional.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Anna

CCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGXwifi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

For the troubleshooting, is it possible to try another internet connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

To get it working, I would recommend performing a manual FW update using a micro SD card or USB stick;

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_updating

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-paroo avatar image
tony-paroo answered ·

I have a similar problem. So far I just reboot but this is very annoying and I don’t know why it’s happening.

I would like an answer. At the moment it’s not even broadcasting its SSID

Tony on yacht Paroo

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page