question

rainer2407 avatar image
rainer2407 asked

Is it possible to extend the Victron warranty to 10 years?

I want to build a 9,6 KWh storage with: Pylontec us2000 plus and Victron Multiplus 2 (3000 / 48 V) ... together with: Energy Meter ET340 and Color Control GX.

I'd get 300 Euro per KWh by a "city energy storage promotion program", if there is a 10 year warranty. (time worth warranty)

Does anybody know if Victron grants such a warranty? I know that Pylontec (the battery) does it. :)

The crucial point is that the whole storage system (incl. all components) have to grant such a 10 years warranty.

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Normalerweise hat man 5 Jahre Garantie, aber man kann sich 5 extra Jahre dazu kaufen für 10% des Nettopreises.

Normally you have a 5 year warranty but you can buy 5 extra years for 10% on the net price. You must let your supplier know when you purchase the equipment so the extended warranty can be logged with Victron.

https://www.victronenergy.com/information/pricelist

ve-warranty.jpg (24.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stconseil avatar image
stconseil answered ·

Hi Matthias,
The supplier didn't propose the warranty extension to 10 years. How can I order it ?
Thanks a lot.

Stephane

1 comment
2 |3000

It must be purchased by the distributor, it is managed through their ordering portal (as the serial number for the product needs to be added to the extension system).

It's possible they have not done it before, so you may need to insist it is possible and they may need some support from their regional Victron Sales Manager.
0 Likes 0 ·