question

keithr avatar image
keithr asked

Appears that Grid Meter ET112 is Switching on and off

The system is hybrid - 3 x Multiplus II 48/3000 in parallel with 30KW of Li Ion batt backup configured with ESS for self consumption with battery life. No feed in (not allowed)

ET112 appears as if it is switching on and off. Sometimes when viewing on the VRM the AC in is shown as 00 or -- then the system will switch back on again and will indicate 230V

And when I look at the history graph for AC In, it is constantly being switched on and off and the AC in is not constant - Is this normal ??

Energy Meter
img-2905.jpg (2.4 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Are you using the RS485 to USB cable or Zibgee - for comms between the Venus device and ET112?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @KeithR

That's not your grid meter reporting that voltage, it's your inverters measuring it.

AC-in is dropping out, do you have a very bad grid? or possibly a bad connection somewhere? (the latter can be pretty dangerous)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

keithr avatar image
keithr answered ·

@Daniel - the grid is fairly stable, when the grid fails it is normally off for >3-4hr. As far as I can tell there are no bad connections.

2 |3000

keithr avatar image
keithr answered ·

@Daniel - I reset the system remotely this morning, (the installation is in Cape Town and Im situated in Jo'burg) it returned error code #8 and had a horrendous starting inrush current = 28KW

3 comments
2 |3000

I strongly suggest to take measurements locally, to see if there is voltage on the input when the system says it's not. this is potentially a dangerous situation.

Wiring needs to be checked well with these errors.

Might be best to get an experienced installer to checkout the system, also measure if all units are pulling the same load (to check if the parallel setup works as intended)

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@KeithR

Did you read my answer above?

0 Likes 0 ·
keithr avatar image keithr Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) Yes I did

I need to fly to Cape Town to assess all the connections and when there I will contact the Victron distributor representative to assist.

0 Likes 0 ·
keithr avatar image
keithr answered ·

@Murraynated - using RS485 - USB cable

2 |3000

Related Resources