question

Biozor avatar image

SmartSolar settings for VE.direct RX TX communications ?

Hi Team!

Is configuration needed on SmartSolar MPPT (bluetooth UI) to activate RX/TX communication ? I use Arduino/ESP8266 to read from TX pin of VE.Direct connector but it seems that my MPPT 75/15 charger switch off the LOAD output when I plug. I'm looking for settings in bluetooth UI for RX/TX protocol mode but I don't find... I see that TX or RX can be used as remote on/off switch.

Is there a way to activate serial communication ? I saw TX pin can send data every seconds mode, no ? on MPPT 75/15 ?

Thank you !

smart solar set-up helpVE.Directmonitoringarduino
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Biozor avatar image

Ooooh sorry! RX an TX pins was inverted... well it must be inverted, but I've not made cross link... It works now! TX pin must be set to "normal communication" in bluetooth settings. I have WiFi values reading of my SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 charger now with ESP8266-01.

I should share my work (electronics and code) soon...

Bye!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

juan3211 avatar image

Hi, could your share your source code? Thanks.

Biozor avatar image

Here is the new HTML view of VE.direct status (on ESP01s now). It's SVG graphics from ESP01S embeded web server. I changed ESP01 to ESP01S (more stable).

mpptweb.png (22.0 KiB)
1 comment Share

For an example of the generated HTML page :

http://www.matthieulaurent.fr/mppt/

Biozor avatar image

Here is board!

note: R1+R2 is 5V from MPPT to 3.3V to ESP01 regulator. ESP01 works only with 3.3V.