question

Sanat Rath avatar image
Sanat Rath asked

charging 24 v 11 amp lithium ion battery

SOLAR SETUP TO CHARGE LITHIUM ION BATTERIES (24v 11a)

I want to start a new project. I am completely new in this field. My only concern is that the charging current should not exceed 4 amps in any manner. I have even heard that the voltage should not exceed 30 volts.

Kindly provide me inputs on the same especially about the solar panel rating and mppt charge controller ratings which I should use.

Thanks

Sanat

MPPT ControllersSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Sanat Rath, all of Victron's SmartSolar MPPTs have completely customizable charge profiles, including voltage as well as max charge current. So, as an example, you could easily hook 2 or 300 watts of PV input into a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15; when you connect it to your battery bank, the MPPT will auto-range to your battery voltage at 24v nominal (which will typically leave you charging at around 27-28v) and you can use the VictronConnect app to set the MPPT max charge current to 4A as desired, rather than the 15A default charge rate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual