question

alex-rodgers avatar image
alex-rodgers asked

Installation Design - 3 x 48/15000 quattro + 7 Smart 150/100 mppt + 2 x 65kw bluenova battery - how best balance the battery voltages to all?

Am looking for some advice so my layout of the components will offer the best DC voltage balance and optimal charging to the batteries.

was thinking of laying them in one line nest to each other as have the space - 2 x mppt - 1 x quattro - 2 x mppt - 1 x quattro - 2 x mppt - 1 x quattro - 1 x mppt

equal cable lengths from mppt to bus-bar and same for the quattro to bus-bar

having a solid copper 1000amp rated bus-bar 1 mtr long for both +ve and for the -VE

fuse breaks from the individual mppt and quattro onto the +ve bus-bar

each bluenova battery has 3 connection points each for +ve and -ve, again equal cable lengths battery to bus-bar - and space them in line with the quattro connections to the bus-bar

any advice would be great

thanks

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerdesignbluenova
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @alex rodgers

The only critical thing in this setup is the batteries: they need the same resistance between them, so best to connect these to a central point, from there the main fuse and onto the bus bar (I assume the batteries also have a fuse in / on them?)

From your main bus bars, you can branch of to each component with a fuse as close as possible to the bus bar (or on the bus bar)

On a three phase system the cable lengths to the inverters are not critical, as each inverter 'does it's own thing'. This is opposed to parallel inverters, where cable lengths -are- critical (as only the master controls the inverters that are parallel to it)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alex-rodgers avatar image alex-rodgers commented ·

Thanks Daniël,

Yes the batteries have their own fuse, will take your advice, helps me with my design a lot.

cheers

Alex

0 Likes 0 ·