question

Keith Weinheimer avatar image
Keith Weinheimer asked

Generic Temperature Sensor with Smart Solar and Venus GX

I have created a generic temp sensor with LM335 and connected it to the Venus GXm this works fine.

SmartSolar 150/35 and BMV-712 are also connected to Venus and working fine.

I would like to use this temp sensor to monitor battery temperature so the smart solar with adjust the charge pattern according.

I can change the temp sensor setup to indicate it;s type is battery but is that all I need to do?

I want to do this instead of using a battery temp sensor with the BMV-712 because if I do that I loose the ability to track voltage of my 2nd battery, the starter battery.

chargerVenus GX - VGXTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martijnt avatar image martijnt commented ·
Hello Keith, how did you wire up your LM335, did you have to add a resistor or simply hook it up to the Cerbo with 2 wires?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

No you will also need to activate DVCC and STS.

But the latest offical release of Venus FW doesn't support using alternative sources for STS, only the BMV.

If you are keen to get this going now you could install FW v2.40~34 (beta) which has this feature.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/31299/venus-os-v24034-available-for-testing.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page