question

rod-victron avatar image
rod-victron asked

Hi - Need help with Victron Connect 5.11 for Windows 10 - Bluetooth not recognised . but device connected

I have an MPPT 100/15 that wont connect to laptop running Windows 10

The laptop connects to device (blue led flashes on device just like when using phone)

When I run program it says no devices found on device list page and cant find any when I select search button

Have reloaded program, allowed through firewall and disabled antivirus/ security features

Using standard Window Security and Virus threat protection

Any thoughts please?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Sten avatar image
Sten answered ·

Hi, take a look at the manual.

Windows 10 is not supporter via Bluetooth.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Rod Victron, the only way to connect your MPPT to your laptop is using a VE.Direct to USB Interface, as -like @Sten says- BT connection to laptop or desktop computers is not supported. Your laptop may well see the controller as a BT device, but the interface protocols are different, so it will be unable to connect or interface through VictronConnect. BT connection on any Victron Smart devices is currently only available for smartphones/tablets (with a possible iOS exception - I don't have any iDevices to test BT functionality with).

2 |3000

rod-victron avatar image
rod-victron answered ·

Hi Sten and Justin,

Thank-you for taking the time to reply to my question, it is appreciated.

I got the impression that Windows 10 was supported from this Victron Blog

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2015/08/06/windows-10-victron-energy-software/

Also I recall seeing in another Victron blog that the software (Win 10) should be available later this year ?. Just cant find it right now...

Now big problem will keep using my phone for now

Regards Rod

2 |3000