question

ddd1980 avatar image
ddd1980 asked

Values inverted?

Hi there, I've recently installed a Sterling Power battery to battery charger in my Sprinter van that charges the house battery off the starter while driving.

It was at around this time (which may be the cause, but it could also be a co-incidence!) that I noticed the BMV-712 doing some strange things. Basically a lot of the values seem to be reversed. Right now I have a fully charged battery (I've got a 100V hookup via inverter-charger) yet the Victron is showing 0% charge. The display shows an increase in % charge as the battery gets FLATTER. A bunch of the other current metrics seem back to front too. About the only one that I trust right now is the absolute voltage (home screen).

Again I don't know if the Sterling is related - I may have unnecessarily confused things by mentioning it!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Do I have something wired incorrectly?

Thanks, Nate

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is the BMV shunt wired correctly? On the "battery only" side should only be the battery and everything else on the other side of the shunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic