question

Will avatar image
Will asked

How can I save system data to VRM without a GX device?

At this point I am only using 2 MPPT controllers and the BMV-712 communicating with VE Smart Networking . No Multiplus or CCGX yet so I don't think I can use the VRM Portal to do this until I have A CCGX?

I would like to keep a record of the data generated by the controllers and the BMV. I have set up a VRM user account, but don't see anyway to have data there without a CCGX. Is there another way to upload data to my VRM user account? If not is there a way to automatically export this data via email? Or any other way to get the history of the devices saved? If it can not be done automatically, is there a manually triggered way to do this. Thanks.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You need a Venus device to export data to VRM. Remember, you can install Venus on a RaspberryPi as a very cost effective solution.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Will avatar image Will commented ·

OK. Thanks. Eventually I wish to install an inverter charger and CCGX Color Control so this question is just for the meantime. Partly waiting because of the cost, but also thinking the inverters will eventually be updated to be "smart" with bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
svnova avatar image
svnova answered ·

Before getting my Cerbo I had been exporting my MPPTs' history and dumping it into a spreadsheet each month. I have about two years of that data. Is there a way I can import that data into VRM ? It is the direct exports from the MPPTs including dates.

svnova-solarproduction.png

2 |3000