question

thomas63 avatar image
thomas63 asked

Pallas charger is not working anymore, or does it?

Thomas63 beantwoord · 35 seconden geleden

I'm sorry, my question should be written in English, That might be a better way to get some information on my problem with a Pallas 12/50. Since a couple of days it isn't working anymore like i think it should be.

I'm completely a noob on batteries and chargers, but willing to learn. Also have to because we bought an old(er) sailing boat with some ... work.

What's happening the last three days is that the Pallas Charger doesn't charge, i think. It just shows the voltage of the battery pack connected, so it is loosing power every day i come over to check it.

It says 12,5v, charging no amps and the little boosting lamp is on. but nothing happens on my separate voltmeter. If i run the engine for half an hour, the battery volt meter shortly shows a increasing line towards 13v. If i shut down the engine voltage is going back to 12,5v within half an hour. The Pallas is showing 13v and floating.

Meanwhile i'm using energy, why doesn't it load like before, or like de alternator's do, showing up to 14-14,5v?

Or could it be that one of the 5 batteries connected (5x70a) is broken?

And if the separate voltmeter is going towards 12v, the Pallas switches from floating to boost. The only thing is nothing happens ....?

I checked the little glasfust and the other yellow car-fuses, they look ok.

Has anyone a clue? Is it broken, should i just replace it without knowing what's wrong or happened. It sounds like an easy option. I normally like that. But if i have to buy another charger, i think i would better of with a new charger/inverter like a Multiplus. This chapter wasn't really planned for the moment, but somewhere on page 78 of the refit agenda :) in 2021 ... or so.

Some help would really be appreciated.

Kind regards, Thomas. Netherlands.

Dag dames/heren, ik heb een Pallas 12/50 die sinds drie dagen ogenschijnlijk niet meer laadt. Ik ben een leek op dit gebied, maar wil het graag begrijpen. De lampjes op de lader gaven voorheen altijd hogere waarden aan dan de laatste dagen, 13,5v-14,5 en als het bootslampje aan was, hoorde je de lader ook aan de slag gaan. Nu niks. Boost-lampje brandt wel, maar laadt indicatie is 12,5 en dat is ook hetgeen de accubank zelf nog aangeeft. Is deze lader stuk? De lader onderhoud een bank van 5 x 70a accu's.

En dan volgt misschien automatisch een tweede vraag. Ik was nog niet bezig met het elektrische deel op ons 'project zeilboot' dus het komt ook wat slecht uit wat betreft tijd. Is deze pallas te repareren? Of vervangen veel sneller en simpeler, of schaf je meteen een Multiplus 12/3000 oid aan omdat je volgend jaar toch al wilde upgraden en gebruik je nu eerst het laaddeel. Dan komt daarna de volgende stap wel. En waarschijnlijk daarna nog meer uitbreidingen.

Ben ik hier aan het juiste adres voor informatie? Heel graag advies, met vriendelijke groet. Thomas.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Thomas63

Best to ask an electrician to look at it, if he / she cannot find anything obvious, it's probably best to replace.

Hoi Thomas, ik zou een electriciën laten kijken of er iets duidelijks mis is, als die niets kan vinden, dan is vervangen waarschijnlijk het beste. het is een heel oude unit, en op schepen wil er nog wel eens wat vochtigheid en zout langskomen...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.