question

jamesstubberfield avatar image
jamesstubberfield asked

Battery monitoring on Easysolar II 48V/3000 w/ 2*Pylontech 2000 batteries showing incorrect state of charge

After commissioning the system according to the documentation here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#veconfigure_settings

the GX display does not seem to be displaying correctly the battery state of charge (%). From an initial value of 100%, the % is decreasing daily, despite all 6 green LEDs being lit up on the Pylontech batteries, indicating 100% SOC. There are very few loads on the system at present and plenty of solar available for charging. Could the monitoring system be only measuring discharge currents and not taking account of charging currents? Could there be a communication issue between the GX and the integrated SmartSolar charger?

Thanks,

James

PylontechEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

In a correctly configured system the SOC is communicated to the GX device directly from the Pylontech battery.

The first thing I would check is that the Pylontech battery is appearing in the devices list menu of the GX device.

If it is, I would make sure that it is selected as the SOC to be used in the Settings -> System Settings -> Battery Monitor -> Pylontech

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jamesstubberfield avatar image jamesstubberfield commented ยท

Thanks for your answer, @Guy Stewart. Can you confirm the steps needed to access the Easysolar GX device? I've accessed the Multiplus II via VEconfig using a MKII USB cable, and have access the BlueSolar Smart MPPT via Bluetooth, but can't find documentation detailing how to access the GX device itself. Thanks, James

0 Likes 0 ยท
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ jamesstubberfield commented ยท

This is the CCGX manual - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

There are many ways to access it (physically, via local network, via the internet) depending on your situation.

0 Likes 0 ยท