question

ty-web avatar image
ty-web asked

EV Charge station - Min Charge.

Hi, I have an offgrid Victron system, (3 x 48/5000 (conf parallel), Cerbo GX, 50kw LFP batteries, 9kw DC solar and 8kw Fronius AC coupled Solar.) and today I installed the Victron EV charger. I updated the Firmware to V1.29.

Note. By the time I finished the sun was gone. So below is my understanding from reading the manual, trying to set it up ready for the new day.

In Auto it uses Solar, my understanding is it then stops charging once there is not enough solar. Which is fine. I anticipated it would be similar to the Myenergy Zappi I removed. In that it charges from solar whilst available then stops, and will finish charging according to scheduled times if charging is not complete. If this is the case how do I enable this function there does not appear to be a method.

Example, Wife gets home at 3:30pm from work, plugs in the Tesla, it charges for 1 or more hours (time of year dependent, currently winter in Ozz) then stops. But at a predetermined time id like it to resume until the Tesla stops taking charge. I want to be able to replace what the car used in the days travel.

I have home assistant, so if it can't be done automatically by the EV charger, can home assistant change the selected function "Manual / Auto / schedule". Thus I can set a timer in HA to switch modes at say 9:30pm at night when the usage is dropping off, and thus the car charges when the house load is low, providing the Soc is above 50%.

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers