question

tunde olaoye avatar image
tunde olaoye asked

Quattro battery connections

hello

setting up my first 8kva quattro. Just wanted to confirm that it ok to connect to one of the positive and negative battery connections shown by F&G in picture. I will be connecting 4 x 200AH batteries eventually will expand to 16x 200AH. The system will be off grid and AC coupled with 8kW Fronius inverter.

Are the the dual battery connections just on option when connecting larger battery banks?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Tunde. Yes, I think you're onto it.

And if you look up the cable size recommended (I'm guessing) for your 8kVA, you'll likely see maybe 2x 70mm2 cables suggested, at least for longer cables.

Those are big cables, larger ones reach the impractical stage, so the multiple terminals are a welcome convenience.

And I don't think you should wait for your upgraded batt bank to install the full complement either. It's still an 8kVA unit, regardless of what's on the other end.. for thinking about..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tunde olaoye avatar image tunde olaoye commented ·

thanks makes sense

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic