question

Phillip Gutowski avatar image
Phillip Gutowski asked

Unexpected output voltages from Autotransformer

I have a 230VAC source supplied by an Isolation Transformer, power then passes through a Quattro and then an Autotransformer to create 115/230v split phase. The ground relay in the AT is being controlled by the Quattro. While inverting, with the ground relay closed, all is well. The output voltages of the AT are correct as follows:

• L1 to Neutral: 115V ✅
  • L2 to Neutral: 115V ✅
  • L1 to L2: 230V ✅
  • Neutral to Ground: 0V ✅

However, on shore power (or anytime the AT ground relay is opened) I am getting very different readings:

• L1 to Neutral: 115V
  • L2 to Neutral: 115V
  • Neutral to Ground: 115V ❌
  • L1 to Ground: 230V ❌
  • L2 to Ground: 0V ❌

In this configuration, shore power flows in as 115V is stepped up to 230V in an Isolation Transformer (Neutral and Ground are bonded on the output side), power flows through the Quattro and into the Autotransformer. I have tested continuity between grounds and neutral through the system up until the AT. Only after the AT do I get the incorrect voltages. I have triple-checked all wiring schematics and compared with my wiring. Is there any chance that my AT is incorrectly wired internally? What else could it be?

Thanks!

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers