question

rheinskipper avatar image
rheinskipper asked

Orion XS Error #122 History Invalid

Hi!

My Orion XS lost its history data during normal operation. An "Error #122 History invalid" occurred.

I do not want this to happen again. It destroys my statistics. Please fix!

Thanks.

Screenshot_20240709_191032.jpg

Screenshot_20240709_191019.jpg

Screenshot_20240709_191117.jpg

errororion xs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rheinskipper avatar image
rheinskipper answered ·

Another thing is that I get "Software-Reset" messages in the history. What does this mean?

Screenshot_20240710_141719a.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @RheinSkipper

This is the first time we have seen this in the field.

This can happen if the unit powers down when writing to the history, which should normally not happen, but in theory can.

So, in theory, to prevent this from happening never turn off the charger, which I understand for some applications is not possible.

I suggest now resetting the unit. If it continues to happen, we will need to investigate further.

4 comments
2 |3000

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure if I understand correctly what you mean with "power down":
My Orion XS is permanently connected to both batteries. So it is always standby and can be reached by the connect app. It is never completely powered down.
Charging process is controlled by the engine-running-signal (formerly known as D+) connected to the remote control input of the Orion.
All type of voltage sensitive activation is disabled.

My engine (Ford) has an "intelligent" alternator which produces between 12.5V and 14.7V while the engine is running. It features also automatic start-stop, resulting in frequent engine stops at red traffic lights. So yes, the Orion goes to standby and is re-activated quite often in city traffic.

What I did so far is clearing the history to reset the error #122. Is there any more "hard" resetting to be done?
After this the error #122 did not occur again, yet. But the "soft-reset" message in the history did.

Thank you for investigating the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

By 'power down' I mean removing all power to the unit, not just standby mode.

Going into standby should not cause this kind of issue.

So I'm not sure what has happened here, it is not expected from what you've described. But from a single isolated incident it's hard to draw anything more from it now.

If this occurs again with your unit, or if anyone else experience the same situation, then we will investigate further.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. I think you've done everything there is to be done for now. Please continue to take screenshots of anything unusual and report them here.

0 Likes 0 ·
rheinskipper avatar image rheinskipper Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Today I had this "Software-Reset" again while bulk charging. It looks to me like the Orion is rebooting randomly.

What is going on here?

Screenshot_20240712_140522.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

I am not sure, but it's not normal.

Please open up a support request here - http://victronenergy.com/support

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Orion XS product page

Orion XS datasheet

Orion XS manual (html)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic