question

misullivan avatar image
misullivan asked

VRM portal registration not working

Hi,

The “register for free account” option ont he VRM doesn’t appear to be working.

Filled out the form with 2 different email addresses yesterday both said check your email for the confirmation email. Neither received confirmation emails...

Checked the mail server logs neither saw emails for those email addresses from Victron servers... in fact checked all mail servers for all domains and can’t find any emails from a victron servers.

Please help.

Michelle

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

10 Answers
hainzy avatar image
hainzy answered ·

Same Problem here...
Tried:
- Spam
- Passwort Reset

Dind`t recieve the confirmation mail at this account either...
Any ideas?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hainzy avatar image hainzy commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
hainzy avatar image hainzy commented ·

Okay, i narrowed it down to two potential issues:

- Victronengery is block by my provider T-online.de
- T-online.de or my specific E-Mail adress ist blocked by Victronengery

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @hainzy,

It is #1 - T-online.de is blocking the emails with the following message, I have emailed them and asked if they would please allow the emails through.

host mx02.t-online.de[194.25.134.9] said: 550-5.7.0
    Message considered as spam...
1 Like 1 ·
Hi @hainzy,

This should now be resolved with t-online.de - please try again :)

1 Like 1 ·
hainzy avatar image hainzy Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

I recieved the notification for your post already, and also could verify my adress here in the community account.
For my installation /VRM login I couldn`t wait that long and used another E-Mail adress.

But thanks for solving the issue for future customers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Michelle,

One thing to try first is the "Forgot Password" feature, this will try to resend you another email, and may resolve the issue.

I have manually enabled your account. Is it now working for you?

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this? I am seeing many new registrations.

There is more information about getting started with VRM here, please run through those steps, and if you are still having issues, please come back with the VRM Portal id.

3 comments
2 |3000

misullivan avatar image misullivan commented ·

All working now thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
byron avatar image byron commented ·

Hi Guy,

I am having the same problem. I registered and have not received the activation E-mail

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ·

I have the same problem. Trying to register device after I reinstalled Cerbo-gx, but do not receive email to confirm new installation. Trying to "forget password" does not solve this problem. Receives email when resetting password, but not to register new device. Uses g-mail and I have checked the spam filter.

0 Likes 0 ·
gseidel avatar image
gseidel answered ·

Hi Guy,

i'am having the same problem. I registered and didn't receive a confirmation email.

Regards

3 comments
2 |3000

Aside from the usual suspect, checking your spam or junk or filter folders.

Then try the "Forgot password" function.

Lastly, if still no good, Please try with a different email account, preferably a known working provider like gmail.

0 Likes 0 ·
gseidel avatar image gseidel commented ·

Hi,
my email account is working correctly since years. Spam, junk and filter are not the problem. I just did not receive the email ! And i don't wnt to create a fake email account just to get connected to the portal. Is it possible to resend the verification email or to enable the account manually ?
Thanks for your support

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ gseidel commented ·

Please try again now.

0 Likes 0 ·
guennie69 avatar image
guennie69 answered ·

Hi,

i'am having also the same problem. I registered and didn't receive a confirmation email.

Also the "Forgot password" function is not working.

I have switched off all spam and filter settings in the gmx account - this did not work either

please be so kind and enable the account manually

Regards

2 |3000

gerhard-1 avatar image
gerhard-1 answered ·

Good day

I also have the same problem. I have tried to register two new e mail addresses, but i do not receive the confirmation e mail. I also tried as suggested to use the forget password option to see if it will send me an e mail, but no success. It seems to me there is definitely a VRM registration problem.

2 |3000

gerhard-1 avatar image
gerhard-1 answered ·

Good day.

After creating a gmail account, I have done a new registration to the new gmail e-mail account and we have received the verification e mail.

Conclusion. Make sure your ISP does not block the incoming mail from victronenergy.com.

2 |3000

hpotto avatar image
hpotto answered ·

my registration also doesn't work. Password forgotten also doesn't work.

I need help.

What can I do?

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Have you checked your spam folders in case it was quarantined?

0 Likes 0 ·
hpotto avatar image hpotto nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Yes… there is no Mail in the Spam Folders…

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

Common problem these days. These companies set up their forums etc into their own domain (subdomain in this case) and maybe into their own servers. But these confirmation emails and mass postings come from external "service providers", entities that run email servers used to post a lot emails. These same servers are used by multiple customers and they are not that picky if someone sends spam email as long they pay their bills.

Normal people want to read only email, not spam and then these "service providers" get blocked in receiving server (MTA), just like I have done.

The real question is, why Victron - successful company as it is, needs to use these spammer support providers? Setting up a Postfix server is not diffucult, it only costs time from people they've already hired. Either they are lazy or incompetent, or then there is some policy in place to prevent that.

Either way, they moved some of their own pain to their paying customers and increased their support load a lot at the same time.

Br,

Juha

2 |3000

benoit3 avatar image
benoit3 answered ·

Hello,

same problem here...

Tried:

- spam box

- password reset email

Is it possible to have manual validation?

Regards,

Benoit

2 |3000

benoit3 avatar image
benoit3 answered ·

Finally I received the email => issue closed

Regards,

Benoit

2 |3000