question

adib avatar image
adib asked

temperature and overload issues on 6x15kva system

Subject: Urgent: Victron Inverter Issues at Khale Shuan Site

Dear

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to urgently address a critical issue regarding the Victron inverters installed at the Khale Shuan site. We have encountered persistent problems with the functionality of these inverters, which are crucial to our operations.

We have installed a total of 6 units of 15kVA Victron inverters, organized in pairs to create a Three phase system. Each system is load balanced; however, we are experiencing frequent shutdowns due to overload or temperature alarms whenever the load on each phase approaches 20kW.

To facilitate a swift resolution, I am providing the barcodes of the inverters below:

1. [Phase 1 Master 2024-07-01 HQ2216xxxx]

2. [Phase 2 Master 2024-07-01 HQ2302Nxxxx]

3. [Phase 3 Master 2024-07-01 HQ2302xxxx]

4. [Phase 1 Parallel Unit 1 2024-07-01 HQ2217xxxx]

5. [Phase 2 Parallel Unit 1 2024-07-01 HQ2302xxxx]

6. [Phase 3 Parallel Unit 1 2024-07-01 HQ2217xxxx]

The recurring shutdowns are significantly disrupting our operations and compromising our ability to maintain consistent power supply. .

Best regards,

[moderator note: removed specific SNs]

Temperature Alarm
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
You know you are running an unsuported configuration? Parallel with 15k inverters is unsupported…
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Duivert NL commented ·

Not if they are Quattros.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi, welcome to the Community! This is not a technical support site; instead, please file Support Requests for your units either directly through your distributor (whose contact information is available by entering the serial numbers into the SN lookup on the linked page) or using the form on the Victron Support page: https://www.victronenergy.com/support

Your distributor/installer is always your first point of contact for all Victron components they have sold!

Editing to add: If you are that distributor, as it looks like may indeed be the case, then please contact your regional Victron Sales Manager for further technical assistance on your units. In the meantime I will ping the VE distributor support team and someone will likely reach out to you via email soon.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic