question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Alarms - Automatic Reset

EasySolar 24/1600/40

I keep getting a transient battery temp alarm. This comes on and I've traced it to a heater blowing hot air over the sensor.

But the only way I can find to reset it is manual. What I want to do is firstly delay the alarm activation (something like trigger alarm if condition exists for longer than x minutes). And automatically clear when condition clears. Also with a time setting.

Searched all over, found nothing. Nothing in the manual, nothing in the configuration software. But I'm very good at not finding things. Has anyone come across this?

alarmTemperature Alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Put some insulation over the sensor so it is still in contact with the battery but the external surfaces are covered so it doesn't get affected by air currents. Something like a bit of pipe insulation for plumbing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, good idea. But a bodge really.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the monitoring systems I worked with for the last 20+ years all have configurable automatic alarm clearing, and logging...

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Given the temp sensor is part of the temperature compensation charging feedback, it should be obvious that your batteries might not be properly charged should your heater incorrectly alters battery temp readings.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Agree. However the alarm is transient, I've a battery cooling system installed and this has two other tmep sensors. Which revealed that the original victron sensor was overreading by 5-6C (causing much bigger charge issues) and the relacement only overreads by 1-2C. Can't be bothered sending that back as well. What's more, the sensor doesn't affect the solar charger.

The issue is the alarm/monitor.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic