question

Henrik avatar image
Henrik asked

New Quattro 15KVA shows "Temperatur" Alarm LED without any load

Hello,

one of the brand new six 15KVA quattros shows a Temperature LED alarm right after installation and power up without any load connected to any of the output phases yet.

Due to this the whole three-phase system does not work now. The respective Quattro does not start even in isolated single phase solo configuration because of the "Temperature "alarm (zero load)

Does anyone have a repair or workaround advice? I am in a bush hospital of Africa, sending the unit back home for warranty repair is impossible.

We have all kind of test and measurement tools with us for field repair.

Thanks for any advice

Temperature Alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Henrik avatar image
Henrik answered ·

I answer the the cause of this issue myself:

During transport one of the multiiwire signal cables for the front indicator board got loose and hang freely inside the Quattro. After guessing the correct connector jack and putting it back in, the Quattro works perfectly again

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kw4np avatar image kw4np commented ·

@Henrik , I'm having the same issue, not out in the bush but Africa is pretty much the same. I'm guessing that my issue comes from the fact that I had to disassemble the unit to make a repair, can you share a picture of which connector was loose? My problem went away after a few minutes but seems to have come back today. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Henrik avatar image
Henrik answered ·

Hi @KW4NP

unfortunately I am thousands of km away from the site. If I remember well it was a 2 or 4 wire flat ribbon signal connection cable in my case which was loose.

I suggest that you open the front plate of the Quattro and check all internal interconnection cables to ensure that each one is tightly sitting in its foreseen respective connection jack. In your case maybe one connector is in its jack half way only.

1 comment
2 |3000

kw4np avatar image kw4np commented ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic