question

Enric Carrasco avatar image
Enric Carrasco asked

Different voltages in Blue smart 30/3 outputs

Hi, I have a blue smart 30 3 outputs. if I measure the voltage of the 2 connected outputs one says 14.6 Volts and the other says 14.1. I take the measure in the charger's output, so there's no voltage drop yet. If I use Victron connect it says it's absorption, 14,4 volts, 4 amps charging. The issue is that the 14.1 volts output is the service battery, so I think it's not fully charging.

I think 0.5 volts is a too big difference between 2 outputs in the same battery charger, could this unit be deffective? I also have another one for the genset battery and two starting batteries. The genset output in the charger is 0.4 volts higher than in starting batteries (14.6 vs 14.2). The charger is also not giving full charge when this happens, just a few amps, so I suspect the mosfet in the output could be wrong in both units. The higer voltage is always in the same connector in both chargers.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

It will all depend on the amps going into each battery and the total amps of the unit as well.

ie if one battery is taking the full charger amps then the other batteries will show a different voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.